Monday, April 2, 2012

Girls and Boys in Love.

This past week Brents parents came down for conference.
Lucky for me, his dad is a bishop and had tickets galore.
I had a peaceful, sunny Saturday spending the day with my number one man and his lovely family.

First, morning conference bright and early. It was lovely. Incidentally, my uncle is in the Mormon tabernacle choir so Brent and I had a grand time playing "Wheres Wayne."

Next, we made our way to the latest and greatest City Creek Mall. This place was bustling. Needless to say, I bought myself some mustard colored shorts, a striped top, and a snazzy watermelon-esque dress, and we bounced over to the gateway. Lucky for me, Brents mom enjoys to meander about the shops as much as I do, and lucky that the Peterson men are so patient.

The boys went to Priesthood meeting, which gave me the perfect opportunity to have some girl time with Susan. We cut in front of about 200 people at Deseret Book (accidentally) bought some delightful cake bites and a few books.

We met up with his cousin Sonia and aunt Linda and walked around Temple Square. Lets just say that the only smell I encountered the entire day was the smell of blossoms. Spring is in the air!

All-in-all I experienced a sense of euphoria throughout day, an overwhelming sense of calm.
We all need a day like that every once and awhile.

Spring has also inspired me to garden. Bring on the wildflowers.



If you couldn't already tell, I have the greatest life.
I get to go to Young the Giant and Grouplove tomorrow.
St. George with Brentie this weekend.

I only have 20 more days with Brent and its good-bye for summer.

I try to enjoy every moment that I have with him,
but it doesn't do us any good to anticipate moving day.

I think the thing I will miss most about him is that he brings out the best in me.
I think that is what it means to truly care about someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment