Saturday, August 10, 2013

A hot tub full of intellectuals.

Okay. So, my in-laws don't have wireless internet and my cell phone does not have 3G. Naturally, you could say I live in the dark ages. I don't quite have the ambition to drive to the local bank every time I want to go through the hassle to update my blog. Here is what I have been up to lately.

I got married.




Backpacked around Bertha Lake.



Lots of camping, a little bit with our married friends. Incidentally Milo, my androgenous cat, is also an expert backpacker, camper and canoer.

Plenty of Waterton. I love that place.



This previous weekend, my husband and I took a road trip through British Columbia to Banff National Park. We rewarded ourselves with the honeymoon we were cheated by the tsunami that ravaged Southern Alberta.



Banff was incredible. Day one we (Brent) forgot our tent poles so we rigged our tent with string. All was well, because we were rewarded with never ending beauty throughout Kooteney and Banff. We went on a hike around Lake Louise to a tea house on top of a mountain. It was glorious. We spent plenty of time in the hot tub at our resort. We were lucky enough to share our space with a psychic/life coach/numerologist and a retired professional photographer who used to work for major corperations filming and photographing politicians and celebrities. Who would have guessed? If they didn't start talking to us, we would have never known these peoples stories. We would just be a group of people sharing the pleasures of a warm, bubbly tub. As soon as I told them I wanted to be a high school english and literature teacher both men shared their knowledge and wisdom with me. The super cool psychic man shared with me his theories on Ayn Raynd's objectivism, and taught me the ways of the secret society "Neothink." We discussed our favorite literature and our goals for the future. I felt so lucky to know these people, and blissfully unaware that I was fated to meet them. It is interesting to think that we are constantly surrounded by interesting people, and we may never know anything about them. I was completely inspired and humbled by the experience. As I have begun drawing the lines on my life map they all seem to lead in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment