Sunday, February 23, 2014

From one extreme to the other.

2014 has been an exciting year so far, and it sure is flying by! My time has been spent well on countless adventures. The man has me down right now and I find myself constantly battling between what I must do and what I want to do. All I really want to do is escape into the forest and live off the land. Alas, I am stuck in a monotonous routine of work-school-work-school with little free time in the weeks. I sure make it up during the weekends, though. Here are some of life's latest adventures.

We took a week off in late January to go to an NHL game in Calgary, Alberta. Brent's birthday was in November, and I got him tickets to his all-time favorite team the Chicago Blackhawks. We decided we would also spend some time in Banff National Park while we were there.




Hiked to the top of a Canadian Rocky Mountain







Cross-country skiing with the in-laws.





This past weekend we went to Moab with my parents. That place is magical. There is a beautiful sense of solitude to the desert, and there is nothing I enjoy more than solitude. 










The Fiery Furnace


Mesa Arch





2 comments:

  1. Totally random but your Uncle is in my ward in Oceanside! Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is is crazy! Mckay? I didn't know you lived in Oceanside! How did you find out he was my uncle?

    ReplyDelete