Thursday, November 29, 2012

Chatting with a 3 year old.

Tonight at my local Jiffy Lube while getting a safety inspection I met the cutest little girl. Her name is Olivia Cucumber and she is cucumber years old. We talked about everything under the moon. Micky Mouse, small straws, her dogs Max & Tyson, boyfriends, cold hot chocolate, dirty socks and fashion. You name it. Here is a snippet of tonight's conversation: Olivia asked: "what is your last name?" "Nielson," I said, "whats yours?" "Cucumber." "Cucumber?" I asked. To which Oliva replied "You just said a bad word." "What word, Cucumber?" "No..." She responded. After a long confused pause I said "I don't say bad words, I am a good kid." To which she replied, "no, you are a good doggie." Another confused pause. "How old are you?" I asked. "Cucumber." She said, and smirked and held up 3 fingers. I smiled.


The innocence of a child is a beautiful thing. I wonder how many conversations I had with strangers when I was 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment