Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Living Years.

Alas, I am too lazy to upload pictures so here is another picture-less post. Perhaps I will spice it up with a little bit of helvetica. 


So, since I have moved life has been great. It is strange to think that working 9-5 every day, coming home and mowing down on french bread and reeces ice cream wouldn't be much fun, but I am living the good life. Being an adult is better than I imagined. 


I don't like helvetica. Anyways, its almost as if I worked out all of the kinks from my freshman year, and now I am living the high life. There is nothing greater than to feel proud and accomplished at the end of the day. Unlimited Jamba Juice doesn't hurt either. 


Lets try the trebectuetechsheh or whatever this font is. Geez, who comes up with font names anyways? OKAY MOVING ON. I guess the biggest thing I have learned is that you need to learn to be happy on your own. I have friends alright, I just can't see them every second of every day, so I fill all of those empty moments with a little bit of me time. I love me time. My life seems to be filling back up with the people I love. My old Eden friends are popping back up, my canadian friend Levi is here, Ariel is coming up on thursday, and Brent is coming thursday as well. I think its going to be a great year. 


Back to good ol' courier. Hey, I love Jonathan Safran Foer, and so here are some of his quotes. You'll love him too. You know what? I can't possibly fit his greatness into one post. He will make appearances in several posts from this moment forward. Enjoy.


"My life story is the story of everyone I've ever met." 


Good grief, I love that so much. Everyone has made me who I am. I was telling my friend Caleb the other day that the people we know fill up spaces in our minds. Like when a place, or a thing reminds you of something, that piece of your brain will always be filled with that person. That way, we can always carry them with us.


"It's true, I am afraid of dying. I am afraid of the world moving forward without me, of my absence going unnoticed, or worse, being some natural force propelling life on. Is it selfish? Am I such a bad person for dreaming of a world that ends when I do? I don't mean the world ending with respect to me, but every set of eyes closing with mine." 


I think about this all the time. Is it weird? Yeah it is, I'm weird. Whatever. I think about life after death. You know, that saying by the Beatles "Life goes on within you and without you" I wonder how people would respond. I wonder if people would miss me. I wonder if people would regret the things they said or did, regret not saying "I love you," one last time. I make sure to tell people how amazing they are, or how much I love them. Even if they don't always say it back. Life is alot more fragile than we think. Don't ever wait until someone is gone to realize how important they are to you.


"When I was a girl, my life was music that was always getting louder.
Everything moved me. A dog following a stranger. That made me feel so much. A calendar that showed the wrong month. I could have cried over it. I did. Where the smoke from a chimney ended. How an overturned bottle rested at the edge of a table.
I spent my life learning to feel less.
Every day I felt less.
Is that growing old? Or is it something worse?
You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness." 



Maybe growing up is bad. I wish I were a child again. When everything moved me. I guess as an adult, it takes an extra hard push to move you. 


Thats enough for tonight. Happy wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment