Thursday, April 14, 2011

Crawling towards the sun.

Alright, well it has been a long time since I have posted, so this is going to be filled with all kinds of exciting things. First, Spring Break. I turned 19, I spent it with my best friend Brent, I got to see the lovely Maria Rodriquez, and it was hands down the greatest trip of my entire life. Here is Brent, and myself at La Jolla on my birthday:



Next, the festival of colors. I am going to go ahead and say this was the second greatest thing I have done in my life. March was a great month for me.




Life has been pretty beautiful. I honestly can say that there is nothing better than to have the person you like, be your best friend too. It is lovely. Unfortunately Brent is going back to Canada in a week, and isn't coming back until school starts. That is 4 MONTHS. I am beside myself. I guess I am just grateful that we found each other, and that he has supported me these past 6 months. Absence makes the heart grow fonder right? Doubtful. Just the thought of him not being around every day is unbearable. Ah.. well. Here are some jazzy love quotes that will make your heart soar.

You were carved from bone but your heart is just sand and the wind is going to scatter it and cover everything with love.

And love is the scene I render
When you catch me wide awake
And love is the dream you enter
Though I shake and shake and shake you
And love is the best endeavor
Waiting in the lion's mane.

But my hands remember hers
Rolling around the shaded ferns
Naked arms, her secrets still like songs I'd never learned.

What it is and where it stops nobody knows 
You gave me a life I never chose 
I wanna leave but the world won't let me go.

Everyday we wake up
We choose Love
We choose light
And we try, it's too easy just to fall apart.

so i'll clear the road, the gravel
and the thornbush in your path
that burns a scented oil
that i'll drip into your bath
the water's there to warm you
and the earth is warmer when you laugh.

A bit unconventional, but stunning nonetheless. If Brent read these he would barf, he is a bit of an emotional shell. We are actually opposite on every level, but I like it that way. We wouldn't ever learn anything if we surrounded ourselves with copies of us, would we? 

I digress. 

This weekend will be semi-fantastic. Tomorrow I am going to Wyoming with Brent, and this stellar place called the Vintage Restaurant and Tea Room. Maybe we will hit up a little nicklecade and end the night with Scream 4. I am optimistic. Then Brent is going to Canada for a couple of days to visit his friend before he goes on a mission, so I am assuming I will hole up in my room and study for finals. Next week, however will be beautiful. I am going to go camping, embark on an adventure to my cabin, throw in some skiing maybe, and you have a recipe for success. However, next weekend will be filled with some painful goodbyes, packing, and heading back to St. George for the summer. I am sooo beyond stoked for that. Not. So I guess these next days will be bittersweet. I'll leave you with some great songs.




I love someones comment on this video: Hey Steve how was your weekend?
--Great, I had a martini, dropped some E and then made out with my house.. you?  HA.






That is enough. 

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."













No comments:

Post a Comment